Introducing the EVGA Z390 DARK - Revolutionary Design
- January 8, 2019
Introducing the EVGA Z390 DARK - Revolutionary Design
"The EVGA Z390 DARK is a 3rd generation model built exclusively for ultimate performance with improved and upgraded component selections, VRM, NVMe I/O, and PCB layout, compared to the flagship X299 DARK."
The power of the DARK side of EVGA's Z390 motherboards is now available! After setting the bar with the X299 DARK, EVGA went back to work to design the next generation of motherboards designed exclusively for the world's top overclockers... or those looking to become one of the world's top overclockers. No effort was spared to improve the power design, layout, or features of the Z390 DARK.
The Z390 DARK is the first motherboard to feature both the 24-pin power connector alongside both 8-pin CPU power connectors on the side of the board. Not only does the layout give the DARK a stunning look but the layout also provides a very friendly design for cable-management enthusiasts. This revolutionary design features:
- The CPU Socket is turned 90-degrees, which allows the memory to run parallel to the top of the chassis
- The entire VRM is cooled with a large passive heatsink.
- This design allows for chassis airflow to pass unimpeded over the top of the power connectors, across the cpu and memory, and through the rear-panel heatsink.
The Z390 DARK was designed by taking the best of the X299 DARK, adding additional features for the ultra-enthusiast, and performing non-stop testing until overclocking World Records tremble at the mere mention of the word "DARK".
- 10-Layer PCB
- Highly-Efficient 17-Phase PWM
- 150% Higher Gold Content in CPU Socket
- External BCLK / Clock Generators
- 8 SATA Ports �� 6 from Intel PCH / 2 from ASMedia ASM1061
- PCIe Disable Switches
- Triple BIOS Select Switch
- SW Slow Mode Switch
- ProbeIT Connectors
- PS/2 Port
- Creative Core3D Audio
- EVGA NU Audio for Front Panel Audio
- Safeboot Button
We would be remiss for failing to point out that the DARK comes fully equipped with useful LEDs of all types... for monitoring system and component status, and displaying temperatures and voltages. Additional must-have features include:
- USB BIOS Flash Without a CPU
- The dedicated internal USB port on the motherboard allows you to update your motherboard BIOS even if you don't have a CPU or cannot boot into the motherboard BIOS.
- Post Indicator
- Multi-Function POST Indicator �� Fully configurable in BIOS, these LEDs can be configured to show temperatures, voltages or cycle both in real-time.
- Right Angle Headers
- 24-pin power, both 8-pin CPU power, Fan, Probe-It, and USB 3.1 Gen1 headers �� Hand-crafted design to provide clean system assembly without cable clutter.
- Visual Guide / Bench Table
- Every EVGA Z390 Dark is packed with a printed PCB showing components, LEDs, PCIe lane breakdowns, and other helpful information. More importantly, this PCB with included standoffs doubles as an open-air testing or benching station, providing clearance for heaters, condensation isolation, and storage devices.
- PCIe / DIMM Status LEDs
- PCIe / DIMM status LEDs allow for easy system assembly and troubleshooting at a glance.
The EVGA Z390 DARK is finally here to convince you to give yourself to the DARK side of the EVGA Motherboard lineup. Go on, the DARK is waiting.
- Chipset: Intel Z390
- Socket: Intel Socket LGA1151, 8th and 9th Gen Intel Core i3/i5/i7/i9 Coffee Lake-S Processors
- Form Factor: E-ATX
- SLI: 2-Way SLI
- Memory: 2 DIMM Dual-Channel (up to 32GB) DDR4 4600MHz+
- Display Outputs: 1x mDP
- USB: 4x USB 2.0 (4 Ports from 2 Internal Headers)
- USB 3.1 (Rear I/O): 4x USB3.1 Gen2 Type-A, USB3.1 Gen2 (From ASM3142) 1x Type-A/1x Type-C, 2x USB3.1 Gen1
- USB 3.1 (Internal Header): 1x USB3.1 Gen2 Type-C, 2x USB3.1 Gen1 (2 from Internal Header) with USB Power Delivery Support
- SATA: 6 Native SATA 6.0Gbps Ports / 2 ASMedia SATA 6.0Gbps Ports
- M.2 Key-M: 2x 110mm Slots (Up to 32Gb/s) / M.2 Key-E 1x 32mm Slot
- U.2: 1x U.2 PCIe NVMe port
- Ethernet: 2x Intel® Gigabit NIC
- Audio: Creative Sound Core3D Quad-Core Audio Processor
- Fan Headers: 8 (2 CPU PWM, 6 PWM/DC)
- Highly-Efficient 17 Phase Digital VRM
- Intel® Optane�� Memory Ready
- New Integrated EVGA Wireless Module with Intel Dual-band WiFi / BT5.0 with external antenna
- Reinforced PCIe slots
- EVGA's Latest GUI BIOS Featuring OC Robot and In-BIOS Stress Testing
- SafeBoot button to reset the motherboard and go into the BIOS with last known good settings without clearing CMOS
- Slow Mode switch locks CPU multiplier to lowest possible setting to allow users to switch between max OC and low speeds in real-time.
- SPI flashing via USB allows you to flash your BIOS without a CPU
- Onboard Temperature and Voltage Monitoring
- Onboard Clear CMOS, Power and Reset Buttons
- Triple BIOS Support
- EVGA E-LEET X Tuning Support
Learn more at https://www.evga.com/Z390Dark
EVGA is the #1 NVIDIA authorized partner in channel sales throughout North America. Based on the philosophy of intelligent innovation, market knowledge, and the real time operation, EVGA continues to identify the need in the market place and providing the solution to that need. By offering product differentiation, a 90 day Step-Up program, and other customer focused programs, EVGA is a clear leader in all categories: etail, retail, distribution, and system builders. With headquarters in Brea, CA, EVGA's global coverage includes EVGA GmbH in Munich, EVGA LATAM in Miami, and EVGA Hong Kong. For further information online about EVGA, visit http://au.evga.com